- Shinjuku City Official Website > Foreign Language Top Page > Shinjuku Multicultural Plaza > Shinjuku Multicultural Plaza
Shinjuku Multicultural Plaza
【To all Plaza visitors】
1 At the entrance (requested procedures)
(1) Please sanitize your hands, get your temperature taken, and check your overall health.
(2) Please write your name and contact information.
* Your personal information will be used if a case of novel coronavirus is confirmed. Your information may also be given to a public institution, such as a public health center, as necessary.
(3) If you are not feeling well, such as if you have a fever of 37.5ºC or higher, if you have difficulty breathing or feel exhausted, or have a cough or sore throat, you may not be permitted to use the facilities.
2 Strict rules inside the Plaza
(1) Please wear a mask; the Plaza does not provide masks
(2) Please try to maintain social distance (one to two meters between people)
(3) Please refrain from loud conversation
【Partial changes in usage conditions】
As a rule, please use one table per person in the free space.
Please call if you would like more information.
To promote its goal of fostering a multicultural environment, Shinjuku City opened the Shinjuku Multicultural Plaza on September 1, 2005 as a place where Japanese and foreign residents can enjoy friendly exchanges and deepen their understanding of other cultures and their histories.
You can do a variety of things at the Plaza, such as study the Japanese language and collect and exchange information on Japanese culture and local communities. About 20,000 people use the Plaza every year.
Please feel free to stop by for a visit!
|Address||Hygeia 11F, 2-44-1 Kabuki-cho|
|Hours||9 a.m. to 9 p.m.|
|Closed||2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month and during the year-end/New Year holidays (December 29 through January 3)|
|Transportation||A 10-minute walk from JR Shinjuku Station east exit
A five-minute walk from Seibu-Shinjuku Station
|Inquiries||Shinjuku Multicultural Plaza, Tel: 03-5291-5171|
May 25, 2021