Foreign Residents Support Center (FRESC)

There are eight service counters on one floor. You can take advantage of consultation services concerning visa status as well as employment for foreign residents, including international students. The center also offers consultations for businesses that employ foreign residents. There are staff members who speak, Japanese, English and Chinese at the reception desk. Multilingual information is also available via a tablet.
For more information, click here.

The Eight Consultation Service Counters and Their Primary Services

Immigration Services Agency Information Disclosure Request Office

You can see documents managed by the Immigration Services Agency, such as immigration/emigration (returning) records and alien registration records.

Tokyo Regional Immigration Services Bureau

You can ask the bureau for help in changing your visa status and/or renewing your visa. You will need a reservation for a consultation.

Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)

JETRO promotes the employment of highly skilled foreign professionals through information at seminars and on its portal site.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs Visa Information

The ministry offers general consultations about the application forms for the visa authorization necessary for entering Japan.
For information about visas, click here.

Tokyo Employment Service Center for Foreigners

This service counter helps foreign students and highly skilled foreign professionals (such as specialists and those in engineering fields) find employment.

Tokyo Legal Affairs Bureau, Human Rights Department

This department offers consultations on human rights issues, such as discrimination against or the bullying of foreign residents or persons with disabilities.

Japan Legal Support Center (the JLSC, Houterasu)

This support center offers help on solving legal problems, and introduces consultation offices free of charge.

Tokyo Labour Bureau Consultation and Support Office for Foreigners

This consultation service counter can help you with problems involving work, such as layoffs and disputes about working hours and wages. You can also consult them about issues related to the health and safety of foreign laborers.