- Shinjuku City Official Website > Foreign Language Top Page > Procedures for Changes of Address and Taxes > Income Tax Report Season Will Begin!
Income Tax Report Season Will Begin!
Report for 2020 Filing Dates
|Income tax and the special income tax for reconstruction||From February 16 (Tue.) to March 15 (Mon.)
Note: Reports for income tax refunds are now being accepted.
|Gift tax||From February 1 (Mon.) to March 15 (Mon.)|
|Consumption tax and local consumption tax for self-employed persons||From January 4 (Mon.) to March 31 (Wed.)|
A Place to Complete Your Income Report Is Available
○ The Yotsuya, Shinjuku and Nakano tax offices will open a joint location at Lumine Zero (NEWoMan 5F) where you can complete reports for income tax, special reconstruction income tax, gift tax, and consumer tax for individual businesses, as well as income tax reports for local consumer tax.
○ There is no place for completing tax reports within the tax offices.
○ Please use the postal service to submit your completed tax reports to your local tax office instead of filing them at Lumine Zero.
○ This is the joint location of the three tax offices of Yotsuya, Shinjuku, and Nakano.
|Dates||February 16 (Tue.) through March 15 (Mon.), 2021
Note: Except for Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays. However, the location will be open on Sunday, February 21 and Sunday, February 28.
※ To prevent overcrowding at the filing location for people completing the kakutei shinkoku income tax report, you will need a numbered admission ticket. You can either obtain your numbered admission ticket on the day at the filing location or use the LINE app. For the latter, add the National Tax Agency official account as a “friend,” and then designate a date and time in advance. Please note that reception may close early depending on the status of numbered admission ticket distribution.
|Reception Hours||8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Consultation is from 9:15 a.m.)|
|Location||Lumine 0 (Lumine Zero)
NEWoMan 5F, 5-24-55 Sendagaya, Shibuya-ku
Medical Expense Deduction Statements must be attached for Medical Expense Deductions
You may attach a medical expense deduction statement instead of submitting receipts for your 2017 tax return. (Receipts no longer need to be submitted.)
○ However, you must keep receipts for medical expenses at home for five years.
(You must submit your receipts if the tax office requests them.)
○ If you attach a medical expenses notice issued by a medical insurer, you can omit the details.
(A “medical expenses notice” refers to the medical fee notices issued by health insurance unions, etc.)
○ You can download the medical expense deduction statement from the National Tax Agency website.
Note: You may attach or present receipts for medical expenses with your tax returns until the 2019 tax year.
You Must Write Your “My Number” on Your Tax Report!
When filing your reports at the tax office, such as your kakutei shinkoku income tax report, you must write your My Number each time and also show some other form of official personal identification, or attach a copy of your personal identification document.
《Examples of Personal Identification Documentation》
① “My Number” card (Individual Number card) only 【to confirm your number】together with【personal identification documentation】
② Notification card or other such document【for confirmation of the number】＋ Driver’s license or other such official document (personal identification documentation)
1. If you are submitting your tax returns by mail, please attach a copy of 1) (front and back) or 2) above.
2. If you are submitting your tax returns by e-Tax, there is no need to present or submit a copy of your ID.
File Your kakutei shinkoku Income Tax Report by Personal Computer or Smartphone!
① Access the National Tax Agency website.
② Complete your tax report.
③ Submit your report by transmitting it via the e-Tax app.
Email with your My Number or your e-Tax ID and password
|Email with your My Number
||Using your e-Tax ID and password
What You Need:
① My Number card
② IC card reader/writer or smartphone that handles your My Number
|What You Need:
e-Tax ID and password method notice completion notification issued by the tax office
Smart Reports Are Evolving!
○ The interface is now easy to view via smartphone.
As of January 2020, the range of those who can use the special smartphone interface has expanded, such as those who receive an income from two or more locations and those with complex sources of income, such as pension funds and second jobs.
○ Completing Procedures with e-Tax
If you have a My Number card and a smartphone that handles your My Number, you can submit your income report via e-Tax.
Even if you do not have a smartphone that handles your My Number, you can submit your income report via e-Tax if you have an e-Tax ID and password noted on an ID and password method notice completion notification.
Paying Taxes from Your Financial Account
Deadline and Payment Date for Income of 2020
|Income tax and the special income tax for reconstruction||Submission Deadline: March 15, 2021 (Mon.)
Payment Date: April 19, 2021 (Mon.)
|Consumption tax and local consumption tax for self-employed persons||Submission Deadline: March 31, 2021 (Wed.)
Payment Date: April 23, 2021 (Fri.)
* Paying taxes from your financial account is convenient because the proper amount is automatically debited from the account you designate, so you won’t forget to make your payment. If you would like to pay your taxes from your financial account in this way, please file a financial account payment request form with the tax office by Monday, March 15 for income tax and special reconstruction tax, and by Wednesday, March 31 for consumer tax and local consumer tax. The request form is available at the tax office, and is also available online at the National Tax Agency website.
Note: You cannot use the direct debit service for gift tax payments.
Note: If the amount of tax you owe cannot be debited from your account due to a lack of funds, you may be charged an additional extension fee.
|Inquiries||Shinjuku Tax Office (1-19-3 Kita-Shinjuku), Tel: 03-6757-7776
Yotsuya Tax Office (7-7 Yotsuya-San’eicho), Tel: 03-3359-4451
January 25, 2021