- Shinjuku City Official Website > Foreign Language Top Page > Living > For a More Comfortable Living Environment
For a More Comfortable Living Environment
Encourage People Not to Smoke or Litter with These Posters and Stickers
Please use these posters and stickers to urge people not to smoke on the street or drop their cigarette butts. There are versions in Japanese, English, Chinese and Korean available.
Note: Be sure to obtain permission from the property owner or maintenance supervisor before posting these items to avoid trouble.
|Available locations||Waste Reduction and Recycling Division (Main Bldg. 7F) and local Branch Offices|
|Inquiries||City Beautification Section, Waste Reduction and Recycling Division
Tel: 03-5273-4267 (in Japanese), Fax: 03-5273-4070
Are You Considerate of Your Neighbors When It Comes to Noise?
Please be particularly careful during the year-end/New Year’s holidays when you are at home a lot.
Noise from your externally mounted air conditioner/heater, TV and other sources can disturb your neighbors, so please minimize the sound they make so that everyone can lead happy and comfortable lives.
How to Avoid Being the Source of Noise
(1) Inspect and repair your externally mounted air conditioner/heater periodically
(2) Place furniture such as a tall bureau or bookcase near the walls to buffer any noise
(3) Places sources of sound as far away from the walls as possible
(4) Install soundproofing curtains, airtight wall tape and/or mats
(5) Check the noise levels in you home with a noise meter*
*Shinjuku City rents noise meters to those who live, work or go to school in Shinjuku. (Rental period: one week.)
|Inquiries||Please make a reservation with the Pollution Policy Section of the Environmental Quality Division before coming to the service counter.
Tel: 03-5273-3764 (in Japanese)
December 15, 2017