- Shinjuku City Official Website > Foreign Language Top Page > Other > Introducing Text-to-Speech Software
Introducing Text-to-Speech Software
ReadSpeaker XT (provided by a company called ReadSpeaker Japan Co. Ltd.) is a program that reads website text out loud for you. In addition to its text-to-speech function, the program allows you to you change text colors and font sizes. You can start ReadSpeaker XT with one click, and there is no need for a special plug-in and app.
How to Use the Program
Clicking this link will open the speechPanel, and buttons will appear at the bottom of the screen. To find out how to use ReadSpeaker XT, press the “Help” button after the program starts.
Shinjuku City Information on Everyday Living for Foreign Residents website: Japanese（http://www.foreign.city.shinjuku.lg.jp/jp/）
Shinjuku City Information on Everyday Living for Foreign Residents website: English（http://www.foreign.city.shinjuku.lg.jp/en/）
Shinjuku City Information on Everyday Living for Foreign Residents website: Chinese（http://www.foreign.city.shinjuku.lg.jp/cn/）
Shinjuku City Information on Everyday Living for Foreign Residents website: Korean（http://www.foreign.city.shinjuku.lg.jp/kr/）
Note: The software can also be used for the Shinjuku City official website.(http://www.city.shinjuku.lg.jp/)
●OS (operating systems)
- Windows VISTA
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Mac OS 9
- Mac OS X 10.3
- Internet Explorer 6.x,7.0,8.0,9.0,10.0,11.0
- Firefox 1.5.x, 2.0.x,4.0
- Netscape 7.x
- Sleipnir 2.x
- Opera 8.x, 9.x
- Safari 1.2, 2.0,5.0
- Sound card
- Internet access environment (33.6 kbps or more)
- Since an automated voice is used to read the text, there may be some errors, such as on people’s names, place names, proper nouns and abbreviations.
- While speechPanel is working, you cannot change the language from the choices listed at the upper portion of the page.
- Neither Shinjuku City nor ReadSpeaker Japan Co. Ltd. will be responsible for any damage incurred directly or indirectly due to the use of this service.
ReadSpeaker Japan Co. Ltd.（http://www.readspeaker.co.jp/index.html）