- Shinjuku City Official Website > Foreign Language Top Page > Insurance, Health Maintenance and Welfare > Time for Annual Free Health Checkups
Time for Annual Free Health Checkups
|Inquiries||Health Checkup Section, Health Promotion Division (Shinjuku City Office New Wing of Annex 2, 1F), Tel: 03-5273-4207|
Starting on May 1, we are providing free health checkups for residents seventy-five years of age or older.
- This service includes residents sixty-five years of age or older enrolled in Tokyo Metropolitan Medical Care System for the Older Senior Citizen.
- From June 1, this free service will also be provided to residents 16 to 39 years old (excluding those eligible for checkups provided at their place of employment, school, etc.), those 40 to 74 years old enrolled in Shinjuku City National Health Insurance, and those who are receiving public financial assistance for everyday living, etc.
- Health checkups for residents 40 to 74 years of age enrolled in a health insurance program other than the Shinjuku City National Health Insurance program—such as the Health Insurance Union, Mutual Benefit Society, Japan Health Insurance Association or National Health Insurance Union (including dependents)—are conducted by the respective health insurance agency. For more information, please call your health insurance agency.
Medical institution designated by the city
(clinics located within the city, etc.)
Note: Medical certification will not be issued.
- Interview with a doctor
- physical measurements
- blood pressure measurement
- blood testing and more
Note: Men fifty years of age or older can receive a prostate cancer screening for 200 yen.
- You must present a health checkup slip to undergo a health checkup.
- Confirm that the medical institution is approved by the city.
(Please contact one of the medical institutions listed in the health check/cancer checkup notification or on the Shinjuku City website to receive a checkup.)
- Checkup begins; please remember to bring your health checkup slip and health insurance card.
- Your results will be issued.
- Some medical institutions provide a cancer checkup (fees are charged). A cancer checkup slip is required for this.
- For those seventy-five years old or older who have undergone a health checkup/cancer checkup since FY2015, we sent your checkup slip on April 25 (Wed.).
- The list of medical institutions in your health check/cancer checkup notification may have been updated. A current list of institutions can be found on the Shinjuku City website. You may also contact with the Health Checkup Section.
May 5, 2018