- Shinjuku City Official Website > Foreign Language Top Page > Insurance, Health Maintenance and Welfare > Welfare Services for Those Who Have Financial Difficulty in Everyday Living
Welfare Services for Those Who Have Financial Difficulty in Everyday Living
Consultation concerning Work and Your Household Budget
Inquiries: Life Support Consultation Service Counter, Life Welfare Division
Address: Shinjuku City Office Annex 2, 1F
Inquiries: Comprehensive Consultation Service Counter, Shinjuku Social Welfare Conference
Address: 1-17-20 Takadanobaba, Shinjuku-ku
When you need to handle major situations such as changing your lifestyle, need advice on work and your household budget or are having financial problems and don’t know where to go for help, social workers or other qualified counselors are ready to help.
Hours: Monday through Friday (excluding national holidays, etc.), 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Public Financial Assistance for Everyday Living Provided in Special Cases for Foreign Residents
Section in charge: Consultation Support Section, Welfare Division
Public financial assistance for everyday living is organized to help people in Japan who are having financial difficulties in everyday life due to illness or other reasons secure a stable source of livelihood based on the Public Assistance Act until they are able to make a living on their own or by other means.
This law may be applied to foreign residents with specially designated visa status in some cases.
You will be asked questions on the following topics during the consultation process:
• Visa status
• Family situation (parents, children, and siblings)
• Past living situation (income, occupation, etc.)
• Housing situation (own home, public housing, private rental housing, and others)
• Property (real estate, savings, life insurance, old-age insurance, etc.)
• Other conditions, such as illnesses, etc.
Please call for more information.
April 1, 2021