- Shinjuku City Official Website > Foreign Language Top Page > Insurance, Health Maintenance and Welfare > Welfare Services for the Elderly
Welfare Services for the Elderly
General Consultation Center for the Elderly
Section in charge: Senior Citizens’ Consultation Section No. 1 and No. 2, Senior Citizens’ Support Division
General Consultation Centers for the Elderly help elderly citizens live comfortably in their hometown. It offers comprehensive support in the areas of nursing care, welfare, health and medicine.
The center offers consultation services about Long-Term Care Insurance, as well as help on how to apply for services other than those covered by Long-Term Care Insurance. Please feel free to ask for advice if you have any problems or questions about any aspect of everyday life.
Services Other than Those Covered by Long-Term Care Insurance
Section in charge: Senior Citizen’s Support Section, Senior Citizen’s Support Division
There are various services not covered by Long-Term Care Insurance that are designed to help the elderly keep living independently and safely in a town they are familiar with. Please call for details, such as concerning the programs and eligibility requirements.
Types of Services Not Covered by Long-Term Care Insurance:
- Meal delivery service
- Barber/haircut service
- Bed-drying/disinfecting service
- Elderly diaper expense subsidy
Senior Activity Halls, Community Exchange Halls and Chiiki Sasaeai Hall
Section in charge: Senior Citizens’ Active Life Section, Regional Comprehensive Services Promotion Division
Those using these facilities for the first time should bring documentation to confirm their name, address, and age (such as their health insurance card), and obtain a user’s card.
- Senior Activity Halls: Shinjuku City residents fifty years of age or older can use these facilities for gatherings, group activities, or activities that make a social contribution, such as volunteer activities.
- Community Exchange Halls: Shinjuku City residents sixty years of age or older can use these facilities for gatherings, group activities, or other events that promote health or culture.
- Yakuo-ji Chiiki Sasaeai Hall: This facility is for support activities for the elderly, as well as gatherings, group activities, and health promotion. Those who wish to support the elderly and those 60 years of age or older living in Shinjuku can use the hall.
April 1, 2019