- Shinjuku City Official Website > Foreign Language Top Page > Childbirth, Child-Raising, and Education > New Newborn Childrearing Support Special Benefit Program
New Newborn Childrearing Support Special Benefit Program
Shinjuku City has a new newborn childrearing independent support special benefit program to reduce the financial burden on households welcoming a newborn child while facing insecurity due to the spread of COVID-19, as well as to ensure the healthy growth of these children.
Newborns Covered by the Benefit
Children born between April 28, 2020 and March 31, 2021 are covered by this benefit.
1. This excludes newborns who moved out of Shinjuku City on or before August 28, 2020.
2. This includes children who were born and moved into Shinjuku City within the period of eligibility stated above.
Parents who are raising a newborn that is covered by the benefit and have completed resident registration in Shinjuku City together with the newborn.
Note: This excludes those who moved out of Shinjuku City on or before August 28, 2020.
¥100,000 per newborn
Note: This benefit is provided only once per eligible newborn.
This benefit will be paid into the bank account you registered when you applied for an infant/toddler medical certificate. As a rule, filing a separate application form is therefore not necessary.
1. Those who are not eligible for an infant/toddler medical certificate must apply for this benefit.
For more information, please click here.
2. If you do not need this benefit, please submit a notification form.
Benefit Payment Date
Residents that have a Shinjuku City infant/toddler medical certificate as of September 18
October 30, 2020
Residents who apply for a Shinjuku City infant/toddler medical certificate on or after September 18
The last day of the month as of November.
|Inquiries||Children’s Medical Care and Allowance Section, Children and Family Division, Children and Family Department
October 5, 2020