- Shinjuku City Official Website > Foreign Language Top Page > Childbirth, Child-Raising, and Education > FY2019 Childcare Fee Subsidies for Nonauthorized Childcare Facilities
FY2019 Childcare Fee Subsidies for Nonauthorized Childcare Facilities
Shinjuku City offers partial childcare fee subsidies for children up to two years old who have not yet been approved to enter an authorized nursery school, are on a nursery school waiting list*, and are attending a nonauthorized childcare facility. (This excludes certified nursery schools. There are requirements for qualifying facilities.) (This subsidy will be offered until FY2019. In addition, with the elimination of childcare fees for toddlers as of October 2019, the subsidy system may change in some cases.) For more information, please visit the Shinjuku City website.
* “On a nursery school waiting list” means that you have applied to have your child enter an authorized nursery school but are still waiting for an opening. For this reason, you must complete an application for admission for April as well as apply for admission again after your application effective period expires to keep your application status.
Since the application is for a fiscal year, even if you would like your child to remain enrolled in the same nursery school as the previous fiscal year you must file another application for a subsidy.
1. Qualifying facilities
Nonauthorized childcare facilities that meet the Tokyo Metropolitan Government’s instruction supervision standards (hereafter referred to as “instruction supervision standards”) and have obtained a Tokyo Metropolitan Government-issued certificate can offer this subsidy. (You can check via the Tokyo Metropolitan Government website.)
*Please note that if a nonauthorized childcare facility no longer fulfills the instruction supervision standards, the facility will no longer be eligible for the subsidy.
2. Eligibility for subsidies
Those who use a nonauthorized childcare facility and meet all requirements below:
・ You must be a Shinjuku City resident as of the first day of the month you use the facility.
・ The usage contract must be for 160 hours per month or more during the first month you use the facility.
・You may not use any other nursery school, kodomoen, kindergarten or at-home childcare programs.
・You may not use the FY2019 Shinjuku City childrearing leave return support program.
・ You must pay the basic monthly childcare fees.
・ You have to be on the city’s waiting list for authorized nursery school of your choice.
・ Your application for an authorized nursery school has not yet been approved, and your child is enrolled in a class for children up to two years old at a qualifying facility mentioned above.
・ You have applied to three or more authorized nursery schools, etc.*
* For those who have applied to two schools or fewer, please file a notification to change your choice of nursery school with the Enrollment and Accreditation Section of the Nursery School Division no later than May 10. If you file the notification by May 10, you will be considered the same as those who have applied to three or more authorized nursery schools dating back to April or May.
・ You will not withdraw your request for admission to the authorized nursery school of your choice if an informal decision for admission is made.
・ The resident’s tax for your household (municipal resident’s tax income ratio amount)* is less than 540,000 yen.
* This is the resident’s tax amount used when calculating the Shinjuku City authorized nursery school childcare fee. It is the tax amount that Shinjuku City calculates without applying special tax deductions such as housing loans.
3. Subsidy amount
40,000 yen per month (However, the maximum is the childcare fee you currently pay to the nonauthorized childcare facility.)
Please complete your application form, affix your name seal imprint, attach the required documents listed on the back side of this document, and submit your application to the City Office in person or by mail.
Note: Application forms are available at the Benefits Section of the Nursery School Guidance Division (Shinjuku City Office Main Bldg. 2F, Service Counter No. 14). You can also download the form from the Shinjuku City website.
5. Application deadline
No later than March 16 (Mon.), 2020 (must be received by this date)
Note: You must get your completed application forms along with the required information and documents attached to the Benefits Section of the Nursery School Guidance Division by the above date.
For applications received by the end of March, we will notify you as to whether you can claim the subsidy by the end of the following month. Subsidies are provided retroactively from the month you meet requirements on or after April 2019.
6. About payments
To receive the subsidy you’ve been approved for, you must submit an invoice by the deadline each time. Please attach the confirmation documents (such as receipts) to the invoice and submit everything. The portion received by the last day of the month before the payment date will be paid into the account you designate by the last day of the payment month.
|First Time||Second Time||Third Time||Fourth Time|
|Request deadline||Last day of May||Last day of August||Last day of November||Last day of March|
|Payment date||Last day of June||Last day of September||Last day of December||Last day of April|
|Application distribution location/submission location/inquiries||Benefits Section, Nursery School Guidance Division, Children and Family Department (Shinjuku City Office Main Bldg. 2F, Service Counter No. 14)
Tel: 03-5273-4584 (direct line), Fax: 03-3209-2795
March 25, 2019