The Eighth Kokokara Festival
♪ Gather Round, Circle of Smiles
|Date and time||November 25 (Sun.), 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.|
|Location||Shinjuku Kokokara Hiroba (7-3-29 Shinjuku)
Note: Part of the program will change if it rains.
It’s time again for the Kokokara Festival! This festival includes the usual refreshment booths, experience corners and game corners, but there are also new programs and activities this year. Please come enjoy a fun day at the Kokokara Hiroba—a place where everyone from children to senior citizens has a great day!
Multipurpose Exercise Plaza
– Fureai Zoo
From 10 to 11:30 a.m. (reception closes at 11:15 a.m.) and from 12:30 to 2 p.m. (reception closes at 1:45 p.m.)
This zoo corner is always the most popular attraction. This year it features various animals such as cows, rabbits, goats and chicks. Use some of our food to feed the animals.
– Ring-toss competition
For senior citizens: 10 a.m. to noon; for regular visitors: 1 to 3 p.m.
– Kids Ninja Village: Become a ninja master in a training game!
10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (reception closes at 1:15 p.m.)
Come and go as you like in this game corner. Try your hand at playing Whac-A-Mole, competing in an egg race, and tossing ninja throwing stars! You can receive a reward if you accumulate enough training points.
Note: We will be holding two Enjoy Ninja Exercises Together sessions on the stage, from 10:30 a.m. and from noon, for about fifteen minutes each time.
– A gathering of mascot characters
Two times, from 10:30 a.m. and noon
In addition to the facility’s main mascots—Atsumaru-kun, Furatto-kun and Silver-kun—Doshin-kun and Shinjuku Shin-chan will be there!
– Waku-Waku Stage
Two times, from 10:45 a.m. and 1:45 p.m.
Various performances, such as pantomimes and balloons by the male-female duo Strange Dish are sure to be exciting!
– Live a cappella performance, from 12:15 p.m.
– Dance program put on by Infinite, from 12:45 p.m.
– Karate experience and performance, from 1 p.m.
– Children’s dance presentation, from 1:30 p.m.
– Playing tag rugby, from 2 to 3 p.m.
This is a form of safe rugby with no contact. It’s easy, so even if you don’t know the rules or aren’t a sports-minded person you can join without worry.
– Facility exploration: A stamp rally
Hunt for our mascots and stamp tables with logos and collect stamps with the possibility of winning some nice prizes.
Refreshment booths (refreshments available until supplies last)
– Yakisoba noodles and oshiruko porridge
– Frankfurters and popcorn
– Chimaki sticky rice dumplings
– Fujinomiya-style yakisoba noodles, tonjiru miso soup, yakitori chicken skewers
Comprehensive Children’s Center
– Band performance by junior high school students
– Handicraft experience, hosted by the Community Activity Group
– Relaxation via light and sound, the world of storytelling, and a place for infants and toddlers to crawl around and play
– Child abuse prevention campaign
– Dance event put on by My Pace users
– Activity introduction by the Okubo Community Mimamori-tai Guard Association
– Tokyo Olympics/Paralympic Games corner (boccia experience and trick art photography)
– Toy Library
Shinjuku Labor Support Center
– Course focusing on comic storytellers, former celebrities, etc.
– Vocational fitness diagnosis corner
– Exhibition and sale of handmade items
– Business introduction, panel display
– Sales of freshly baked bread, sandwiches and drinks
– 3D printer demonstration
Shinjuku Silver Center
– Otedama beanbag experience
– Sales of moss jade bonsai trees
– A corner where you can enjoy Japanese tea
– Health consultation and bone density measurement
– Corner for various hands-on experiences (making computer-designed New Year’s cards, knitting by hand, exhibition and sales of nursing clothes, braiding experience, strap-making experience, mametsukami bean and chopsticks game, calligraphy experience/works exhibition, sales and exhibition of handicrafts, sales of recycled products)
– Admission guide, exhibition and sales of handicrafts
– Sales of welfare supplies, nursing care consultation, holding of bazaars
– Sales of chimaki sticky rice dumplings
|Inquiries||Management Coordination Section, Comprehensive Children’s Center
October 25, 2018