- Shinjuku City Official Website > Foreign Language Top Page > Leisure > Recruiting Homestay Host Families for Berlin Youths and Friendly Exchange Participants
Recruiting Homestay Host Families for Berlin Youths and Friendly Exchange Participants
We are looking for host families for young people coming from Mitte, Berlin—one of Shinjuku’s friendship cities—as well as Japanese youths who can do things together with our visitors during their stay.
For eleven days starting on March 26 (Mon.), twelve boys and girls from Mitte around eighteen years old will come to Japan. We hope to deepen mutual understanding between Shinjuku and Mitte through the homestay program and through friendly exchanges between Japanese and German youths.
Recruiting Homestay Host Families
From March 30 (Fri.) to April 2 (Mon.)—four days and three nights (subject to change).
We are looking for twelve families that meet all of the following requirements (please note that interviews will also be conducted).
1. Two or more members who can provide breakfast, lunch and dinner during the homestay period
2. Can provide a room for the youth coming to Japan. (If a family member is the same sex as the youth, then they may share a room.)
3. Can communicate with the youth in simple English or German
4. All members must agree to serve as a host family
5. Can spend time with the youth all day on March 31 (Sat.) and April 1 (Sun.)
Note: As a rule, this program is on a volunteer basis without pay; however, a partial subsidy is available for meals.
February 15 (Thu.) or 16 (Fri.)
Shinjuku Cosmic Center (3-1-2 Okubo)
Note: Please note that you cannot apply if you are not able to participate in the interview.
Please complete the application form and submit it to Shinjuku Cosmic Center. Must be received by February 5 (Mon.). For more information, please visit the website below:
Recruiting Participants for the Friendly Exchange Program with German Youths
The dates the Shinjuku Foundation for Creation of Future designates between March 26 (Mon.) and April 5 (Thu.).
Accompany the group to help introduce them to Japanese culture inside and outside of Tokyo (subject to change).
We are looking for around five people who fulfill all of the following requirements. (If there are more applicants than that, we will screen the applications.)
1. Individuals between 14 and 23 years of age who live, work or go to school in Shinjuku City
2. Individuals who can participate in the hosting program with a sense of cooperation
Note: As a rule, participation in the program is on a volunteer basis.
Please complete the application form and submit it to Shinjuku Cosmic Center; must be received by February 5 (Mon.). For more information, please visit the website below:
|Inquiries||Shinjuku Cosmic Center
Regional Exchange Division, the Shinjuku Foundation for Creation of Future
Tel: 03-3232-5121, Fax: 03-3209-1833
January 25, 2018